20080731

A mother's love

Red's post about her mom made me think of my own mom. Thank gods she never reads blogs or she would kill me for talking about her here. IF she ever does...Mom I'm sorry, but the good stuff writes itself.

I love my Mama. I do. But she is certain she is dying of something on any given day. Some days it is pancreatic cancer or cancer of the intestines. Other days she is sure it is a brain tumor. I dont mind that she worries so much, but hearing the daily recitation of what color someone's poo is, well, that is certainly a conversation killer.

Today's conversation went like this...

Me "How was your day?"

Mom "I felt better today..my poop wasnt red or too chunky."

Me "Um, good?"

Mom "And it wasnt nearly as runny as it has been."

Me "Mom.. I think this counts as TMI."


And thus the coversation switches to something more harmles, like how fat I've gotten, or why I can't find a nice 40 something year old man with no kids and no baggage, who hasnt been divorced, doesnt have a problem with the fact that I have a past more checkered than a room full of Italian tablecloths.

I think I would rather have talked about the Poo.

No comments: