20100428

Penelope.. A whole new life.. a whole new world

Hello world. I haven't blogged in a lifetime. I look back at what I wrote, and find it sad that a year ago I set out to find a new life, and a year later I am still thinking the same thing. Of course in the meantime I got rid of most of my worldly possessions, locked the remainder in storage and left my beloved dog with my mother. Then I packed my gear and spent 6 months doing security work in Kabul Afghanistan.

The crazy thing about going to the edge of civilization away from everyone you know is that you come face to face with some of your own fears, dreams and realities. I still have to figure out what the pieces are, and where they go.

But I have a plan. I also have a few pages of journaling from this tour that I may or may not add on here.

But this is the start. I AM going to have a new life. I will grow joy, breed dreams and sow contentment. I will surround myself with friends who enjoy life, and beautiful simple things. I will have a window I can see the sunrise or sunset. I will enjoy beautiful food, and fabulous places.

So stay tuned.

No comments: